Lester bodges 3 classic British WWII trainer aircraft.

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
LesterBoffo

Lester bodges 3 classic British WWII trainer aircraft.

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:04 am

OK one is actually a bit of fan fiction.

The planes I'm working on are

A DeHavilland DH82 Tiger Moth

A Taylorcraft/Auster DI

And the one stretching reality; a little 'what if' of Taylorcraft offering their E2 Kitten in the early 1930's to Auster, (which didn't yet exist...) to build under license. Let's call it a Auster Lynx Cub. Piper is going to be very angry about this.

All of these are also JSB sim, yeah I'm in shock myself, I'm not sure what came over me. :lol:

All three of these aircraft are powered by various versions of the Blackburn Cirrus/ DeHavilland Major inverted inline 4 cylinder aircooled engines. The Tiger Moth, with the DeHavilland Major is about 135 hp, the Auster DI has a Cirrus Minor 110 HP and the Auster Lynx Cub is about 85 horse early Cirrus Minor.

The Tiger Moth owes it's 3D shape to AlphaSim and I borrowed heavily from Gerard Robin's Stampe SV-4 for the system files for all 3 of these, especially the fueling on the ground with the engine off, the pilot's mass adjustments and the differential braking. The cockpits of all 3 are probably a little too busy with instrumentation, especially the Auster DI and Lynx Cub.

I'm using late 1930's RAF type of instrumentation on all three, including the big old P11 magnetic compass with a mouse clickable heading ring. Gives you something to play with while doing VFR landmark flights. The Auster DI has instrumentation for some early sort of L/R VOR radio beam direction finder radio set. Animating the "magic eye" is a little above my skill set.

IAHM-COL

Re: Lester bodges 3 classic British WWII trainer aircraft.

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:18 pm

these look neat
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

LesterBoffo

Re: Lester bodges 3 classic British WWII trainer aircraft.

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:57 pm

Should note the DeHavilland engines are known as Gypsy Majors, they are a direct clone of the Blackburn Cirrus Major.

Not all quite ready for release yet, but the Tiger Moth is close.

Return to “Aircraft Development”