An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
IAHM-COL

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:18 pm

KL-666 wrote: All he can recognize is very straightforward slightly offending words. Causing him to act on someone who reacts to a bully, but he does not take on the bully.

+1

Now, may I say, I always had felt this is not him being unable-to-see, but more a bias towards a group. The whole thing of us-vs-them, and he feels he MUST ally to the "management" group. That bias made him unable to exercise such operations of moderation with responsibility (read accountability).
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:54 pm

So ... after another bout of political correctness, I can pick whether I see 'Stuart as mildly retarded (without any provable symptoms), which would be politically correct ... or point out the similarity of behavioural patterns, which are documented in his own acts over time, but which wouldn't be politically correct.

*scratches head* truth or correctness ... truth or correctness ... truth or correctness ... wait, if I would decide for correctness and against truth, I would be still over at Curtis' forum ...
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:57 pm

choose truth. All the time. That's why we are here.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:00 pm

Truth or wrongly accusing of evil intent ... truth or wrongly accusing of evil intent ... truth or wrongly accusing of evil intent ... If i choose the latter, i would be functioning at par with the other forum. :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:13 pm

Well, to claim "wrongly accused", I would need to ignore his own actions first, his relentless attempts to harass people till they say something, he can use as "justification", his abuse of his post deletion powers to make later claims, something was or was not said in those emails (nobody can prove it because he deleted them). Those actions and especially since they are repeated, are sufficient prove for intent. And since I consider banning of people for political reasons as bad, yes, we can speak here of evil intent. See, the difference between us is, you argue on the base of assumptions, I argue on the bqase of his actual actions. So, you can try to argue what he did and still does, but his own actions prove you wrong and all of this constructed insanity-defence goes down the gutter. A repeating pattern of logically connected singular actions aiming at one goal is even in court sufficient prove that a defendant was at the time of this actions able to recognize what he was doing.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:25 pm

We have a different interpretation of the actions. I may be wrong in the benign explanation, but you do not have any proof of the intent either. In case of unknown, i consult Occam. He tells me that the evil intent explanation is the more complex one.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:26 pm

I have proof of Bias in moderation :D
Every single time he ressolves the issue shutting one party down. The same party goes down everytime. Apply statistics to that.

R.M.S.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Seems logical to me. When someone has attracted your attention, then you will be more alert on him and find issues more quickly than with others. Not saying that the issues are identified correct.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Well, you talk about your feeling, we talk about statistical and legal facts. So ... facts are path of the truth, a fact, you can't ignore, even they make you in their final meaning maybe "feel" uncomfortable. But this "feeling" uncomfy is of course reason to find excuses. Yeah, we draw his attention because his master felt attacked ... there is no excuse that he made himself a willing helper in that game since his own posts prove, he has the mental capacities to understand what he was doing. Therefore, your little insanity-defence for him fails, Vincent.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:27 pm

I am sorry Jwocky, but you simply state that your suspicions are facts. There is no fact about "because his master felt attacked". That is a suspicion. I do not defend anyone, but i try to stay faithful to truth in accepting that i do not know, and i do not go about promoting suspicions into facts without any proof.

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Club of the Banned”