For Side: turbo-supercharging fixed on Piper PA23

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
LesterBoffo

For Side: turbo-supercharging fixed on Piper PA23

Postby LesterBoffo » Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:11 pm

Something I noted when reading Helijah's notes on this plane is that the Aztek PA23 his model is representing has a turbo supercharged Lycoming 540.

So I did some fixing.

I also added my mouse control throttle levers so you can more easily control water steering when watertaxiing around on the floats.

All you need to do is left click with the screen arrow cursor in cockpit view, on the throttle you want to advance and the lever will follow the cursor when you drag it up or down. You can release the left mouse button and the lever will remain in place, or will return to whatever your throttle was previously set at by giving the throttle control on your joystick or mouse control a little nudge. Unfortunately you cannot advance both throttles simultaneously with the mouse click control.

link from my repo, it's still all GPL so upload and share.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/9wc4ylpsn2gystu/Piper-PA-23.zip/file

Enjoy.

SkyBoat

Re: For Side: turbo-supercharging fixed on Piper PA23

Postby SkyBoat » Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:21 pm

Hi Lester--

I'm also running the Piper PA-23 but as an Aztec not the Apache. In my research, I concluded that Helijah had inadvertently built the Aztec airframe but powered it as if it were the older Apache.

I've done a lot of interior customization of the instrument panel, so it didn't seem appropriate to just merge your model with mine. But I certainly am pleased you designed a turbo option for the plane and would like to convert min to your new engines.

Let me know how I should proceed.

SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

LesterBoffo

Re: For Side: turbo-supercharging fixed on Piper PA23

Postby LesterBoffo » Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:47 am

Hi Skyboat,

Yeah I don't know I'm assuming both of the base Apache and Aztec airframes and interiors are the same, you're welcome to pirate whatever code pieces and changes I made off my model you want. just compare the Yasim FDM .xml, the convert.nas and the pedestal animation .xml I stopped short of doing more work on it because it was so much fun to putter around on the Orinoco with the throttle controls.

Return to “Aircraft Development”