727 development

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
IAHM-COL

Re: 727 development

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:09 pm

legoboyvdlp wrote:Why not make it yourself then? :)
With GIMP, or even paint, all is easy.

I actually love that Livery, and it touches home (literally)... since Avianca is among the oldest Airlines in the World, and it is actually (as I am) from Colombia.

I will probably put this livery in my personal todo queue.

Respect your comment, Lego, this is what I think.
Our team work is/maybe a revolutionary way of doing things in FG. We aim for cooperative and shared development. This does not mean that anybody of us has to do it all, be proficient at everything. Instead, I would say that a certain degree of specialization in the field would pay off a long way.

So let me give you an example. I am rather uninterested in FDMs. So far, I can hardly even understand them. But JWocky has rapidly specialize in FDM improvements accross a wide array of aircrafts and plattforms. and the more planes he refurbishes, the better he becomes at that.
I have become more comfortably working my way in blender, and making 3D models. So I have teamed with JWOcky where I bring models up, and he gives them life.

Neither of us had needed to master the whole thing. We just cooperate. And at the largest we learn how to benefit from each other skill.

Likewise for Liveries. Like this particular project, the 727 has grown to have a lot of really awesome liveries. But they were made by a team of artists. We benefit from them. And they benefit from JWocky's work on the FDM on this plane, and other work by me, or Soitanen.
Finding a correct balance in cooperative efforts is difficult sometimes, but the ability to benefit from a higher level of expertise gained by the specialization on the field, again pays off.

The critical point here is not to assume that everyone will find equally easy to do computer artwork, and will navigate gimp or inkscape with equal ease, the critical point here is to gather people together, discover their interest and abilities, and foster their interest and capacity to integrate themselves as a important part of the collaborative team.

In that sense, I don't think is that bad to indicate a particular livery one may be interested into and see if any of the livery artists pick you on the request. If none, then obviously it just queues in the bucket list, which harms no-one. We actually have a livery thread specifically on our Free Speech Forum
viewforum.php?f=36

In the case of Falcon, per example, I will be very happy to see him bringing some skills to the development table as well :D
but we can't just assume that vector graphics is necessarily one of his immediate skills and interests.

:D

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Understood, Cap'n!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

CaptainFG

Postby CaptainFG » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:39 am

I did make a new XML but for some reason git and FG didn't like it :(
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:43 am

ok
the easy way is just copy an old xml, to the new name and edit it to replace accordingly. That goes fast, easy and safe.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

CaptainFG

Postby CaptainFG » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:31 am

That's exactly what I did
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:02 pm

CaptainFG wrote:That's exactly what I did tried

:) https://github.com/IAHM-COL/727-230/commit/fc021b1d51cd0fd9baca7b22404b22390ede99d2
:lol:

Don't worry. next livery installation you'll pay a bit more attention, and it all be good.
Keep'em coming.

R.M.S.

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:50 pm

I actually dont have any skills to bring forward other than being a test pilot and telling people what needs to be fixed.
Image Image

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:11 pm

We appreciate test pilots. Specially those that get better are hunting solvable bugs, and make clear reports that help finding the source of the problem fast.

Did you see the form to submit issues?
(new paintjobs don't qualify as bugs, thou)

R.M.S.

N3266G

Postby N3266G » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Yes i have. i submit reports to the developers of the aircraft that i fly both for fun and for testing. I recently had an issue with the trim on the 737 but soitanen helped me out.
Image Image

cain

Postby cain » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:32 pm

I would like to help with the 727

I am going to re-map the livery's so that they look better and line up correctly, is there anything else you need while i have it open in blender?

I noticed some objects floating in the air when using flaps and landing gear

I can re position/texture/rename them for anybody who is able to do the animation for them.

just let me know what you guys need.

Return to “Aircraft Development”