Bell 412

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
IAHM-COL

Re: Bell 412

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:06 pm

I want us to jump at this soon too.

I noted there are 2 images for livery. I'm thinking...

I'll tell you my thoughts soon
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

valery

Postby valery » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi everybody,
sorry to come here so lately. 1st, I would like to thank you for all your messages.
2cd, some explanation on my motivation with the Bell412 and perhaps a common way to evolve it: I tried to make an aircraft as closed as possible to the real Bell with the 707 in mind. So, everything that is not designed by Bell/Textron for this aircraft should be avoided. For those that really want to be as accurate as I tried to be, I could send every doc. I kept on my side (found on the net with a lot of deep mining). I cannot published them because some are under copyright (excerpt from ebay books, Flight Manual from Bell, ...). IMHO, Fg is a nice Flight simulator, but suffers of vagueness on most aircraft released, eg. the UH1 is not a 412 neither a 212, you cannot mixup these aircrafts together unless you see FG as a game. For the 412, there's many version of it: 1st generation, 2cd generation, EP, EPI, low or hi skid, with or without some features and so on. So, when I modelize/evolve the aircraft, I follow pictures and doc. and try to be sure that this is really a Bell412 not the EP or others version. Of course, the version I released is a beta one, engines are not modelized, flight behaviours and FDM is not done, and last but not least, I'm not a B412 expert at all, I even didn't see a real one in my life ! :) But I would like to be accurate, giving to the user a nice immersion. See what I mean ?
Last, could you try to follow the directory framework that already exists (no duplicated directory ...). If you think about a better framework, re-desgin the whole, but try to keep one directory by item (eg Effects ... ;) )
And if you think your own way is better, I'm ok with that too. Simply fork the Bell with a different name (b412, b-412 ...) so end users can choice amongst available versions.
I hope to be able to come here more regularly.
Thank you !

Val.

valery

Postby valery » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 pm

Hello everybody,
Christmas version in progress:
https://sourceforge.net/p/bell-412/blog/2016/11/christmas-2016-version-in-progress-/
The current R31 is ready to dl from SF.
Many improvments ...
Could you please open a issue on SF if something goes wrong ? It's more easy for me.
@IHAM: plz, wait until the complete new version before publishing on FGM .. tks

I hope you will have as much as funny moments I have myself to make this f*** aircraft ! :)

CU

Val.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:32 pm

valery wrote:@IHAM: plz, wait until the complete new version before publishing on FGM .. tks

Send a note this way :D
I'll be looking forward to test the next version once it is ready we can merge a FGMEMBERS FGM pull request.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

valery

Postby valery » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:52 pm

v0.2 RC2 : Aaaalllll right, the Pratt & Whitney PT6P TwinPac Engine is now ready to start :
- completely designed and functionnal
- engine instruments done
- tacho/torque meters done.

You could see how it really works here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl51qoP4ZOQ
(all of my sounds are coming from this really helpful video)
and perhaps you would like to try my own to compare.

Currently missing : ITT (Inter Turbine Temp) not really modelized (just simulated) and some Oil Pressure instruments not yet done ( see ... RC3)
The Aircraft Help menu from FG will help you on how to start the Bell .. and the README file for those that have a bit of time to read .. or want ot understand the mess.

Last panel :

Enjoy as myself !
:)
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bell-412/files/latest/download

@IHAM: well noticed.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:55 pm

yeeehaw

R.M.S.

valery

Postby valery » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:58 pm

Rogger's Chopper ...

++
Next coming, with fuel management and some other things ..

CU

Val.

valery

Postby valery » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:41 am

v0.3 released
https://sourceforge.net/projects/bell-412/files/bell-412-r33.tgz/download

Changelog:
21/11/16 -- v0.3 (R33)
FDM
- blade Chord optimized to get more stability
MODEL
- rgba texture removed when not used (far better fps rendering)
- Liveries support with some
- some meshes optimized (limited dissolve)
- Attitude Indicator + Horizon Indicator: better lighting and textures
- Collectiv lighting
- Switches lighting
INSTRUMENTS
- radioalt DH Knob (desired height) + 'Off' indicator + intelligent alarm
- RPM out of range caution indicator
- OVER TORQUE caution indicator
ANIMATION
- engine shake animation on ground + option menu to deactivate (don't work well with rembrandt, don't know why)
SOUNDS
- better sync with engine shutdown
MISC
- splash screen updated

SHM

Postby SHM » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 am

That is one good looking chopper.

Nice job Valery
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

valery

Postby valery » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:34 pm

Thanks SHM
@IHAM: I have incorporated your beautiful shaders effect (coming with the next R34 release) as you can see here:

But there's a problem as visible here:

as you see, some big black squares appears. I don't know from where they are coming. It's not coming from the model, I tried many skins, exactly same problem, tried to use only one shader effect, same.
FYI, it seems to be a better rendering using .ac meshes texture parms as: rgb 1.0 and amb 1.0, ie equal to 1, no less, or, for example, whyte will appears grey when using reflection shader.
If you have time ... , but wait the R34 because I have changed the effect files location. If no time, no problem, of course :)
CU

Val.

Return to “Aircraft Development”