Japan: Spring 2016 [May 7th and 8th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018
PilotDjim

Re: Japan: Spring 2016 [May 7th and 8th]

Postby PilotDjim » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Me and Lego have agreed to do RJCC (The New Chitose Airport). I as GND/TWR and him AS APP/DEP. We aim to offer professional control as I currently am training for VATSIM S1 and it will be appropriate to use realistic procedures.
I Like Cheese And 747s.
Chances Are I'm Eating Cheese In A 747.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi All.

I just updated the ATC list in the first post of this thread.
Please verify, if you are intending to offer service and you are not listed, let me know

@Elgaton (also)
Please sync Curtis' thread with the global information :)

Thanks
IAHM-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:12 pm

@IAHM-COL: done, there are, however, two corrections you should make to the ATC list here:
  • Lego will be an approach/departure controller, not TWR;
  • SHM has stated he won't ATC, but his position was filled in by aiannuzzi99.

We're also going to have a formation or two of military planes - quoting PINTO below:
And nothing specific yet - we are currently discussing our route. Currently, the most popular suggestions will be inbound from RODN or PWAK, but that could change. OP RF are going to be flying in as 1 or 2 formations, depending on attendance, and basing ourselves out of RJTY for the weekend (we may have J Maverick 16 as a controller there, but I'll let him speak on that if he wishes). On the inbound flight, we will be filing flight plans via http://flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net/ so that controllers will know who the PoC is and how many pilots should be in the formation.

We are also discussing OP RF events, which will include some dogfighting over the Sea of Japan (and ideally out of ATC's hair), and possibly aerobatics, racing, and hopefully some formation flying to and from several civilian airports if the ATC is comfortable with it.

I have no issues - in my opinion, we'll just need to keep in mind that the planes they're using might have some operational limitations (e.g. high speeds on approach).

SHM

Postby SHM » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:19 am

I've got it sorted, I'll be there at RJAA and will also use voice :D since I'll be back home by then.
Sorry ACI :roll: After putting all that time in Narita scenery development you wouldn't want to leave would you :)

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:21 am

SHM wrote:I've got it sorted, I'll be there at RJAA and will also use voice :D since I'll be back home by then.
Sorry ACI :roll: After putting all that time in Narita scenery development you wouldn't want to leave would you :)

SHM

Maybe the two of you can worke together??

Regards,

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:30 am

About the OPRF military flight, we will arrive from RODN with different fighters, one or two tankers and maybe a big mil cargo plane inbound for RJTY which is located east of RJTT and it will serve as our home base during the 48h event.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:03 am

Okay all the xml for OR RJTT are done. BUUT! all pilots need to know we are using a super old nav database. And what that means is that pilots should bring the jeppesen old charts. I know its a bit stupid if we wanna simulate real procedures but I wouldnt be able to say any dct waypoint because we have the old one. I hope u understand. Refeering to the ground I hope it will be done in time and we will have the newest one.
[url]Image[/url]

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:28 am

It's not necessary, in my opinion (also because it might be that Jeppesen old charts have waypoints that are not present in the internal FG database). What we've usually done in the past editions of the Festival was:
  1. submitting the new fixes to the X-Plane team (they now accept those updates on the Gateway);
  2. preparing a Route Manager file which includes the missing fixes, so that pilots can follow them using the autopilot;
  3. if some pilots are flying manually/don't have the files we prepared/..., just give them a heading in addition to the "direct" instruction.

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:19 pm

oscar6662 wrote:Okay all the xml for OR RJTT are done. BUUT! all pilots need to know we are using a super old nav database. And what that means is that pilots should bring the jeppesen old charts. I know its a bit stupid if we wanna simulate real procedures but I wouldnt be able to say any dct waypoint because we have the old one. I hope u understand. Refeering to the ground I hope it will be done in time and we will have the newest one.

@oscar

How are the ground charts coming, and may I try them out?

Regards,

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:56 pm

Okay if someone can upload the fixes of FG and OR it would be great. But all my work will go to the hell. I dont mind if that happens I will create again the xml's. If uploading fixes is finally not possible it wouldnt be a problem only think is that people should use jeppesen charts in orther to follow fine with FG instruments.

GND that is a problem aswhell because if you try to taxi in Haneda maybe u get confused because some taxiways are green. Then a hole terminal is missing (internacional) and some taxiways aswhell. SM is doing that and I hope we will have it fine and good.

But that means that GND charts shouldnt be the same for the SID's or STARS. I will send the files (old airac but can work).
[url]Image[/url]

Return to “The Festival”