As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

Re: As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 pm

@ALL

Moderators previously received a request of moderation over the latter events/comments on this thread.

Escalation of really aggressive remarks had occurred and these have been bilateral. Both sides had made comments that could be seen as insulting and unacceptable. And the behaviour (of both sides in this situation) has come, in my opinion, as rather reactionary.

1. This thread is not closed and further comments will not be prevented.
2. No post by anyone will be deleted using moderating privileges
3. I invite everyone to an introspection on correct treatment of everyone here, being a friend or not.
4. No one is banned or permanently deleted out of this confrontation.

Disclaimers:

1. This post by Warty: http://www.thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic ... =140#p2548 was requested for moderation
2. This request was not initiated by KL-666, but someone else.
3. I invited Warty to reconsider why someone may had felt the need to request moderation.
4. Warty feels that he is the one that is coming over the fire of criticisms. I can see that, and due to recent personal experiences I also deeply relate to that sentiment.
5. As a consequence, Warty is requesting removal from this board.

Things to consider

@Warty

I don't know for sure what is the comment that spiked your post to be considered unacceptable by some. but, I think that:

Warty wrote:If your sensibilities are so easily offended then maybe you should stay away from facts :)

Warty wrote: then perhaps ATC-types should respect the wishes of FGUK to operate as a long-established ATC-free zone around EGOD. Perhaps a little mutual respect might help here, rather than suggesting that control-freaks get to to decide who owns what

These two statements were bound to hurt sentiments. Firstly, you are telling Simbambin that she is offended by facts, and advise her to stay out of facts. Secondly, you call the ATC participants "ATC-Types" and then suggest that they or we are control freaks.

MIG29pilot wrote:Careful what you say, He might be Prince Philip!

MiG29Pilot, I am somehow not surprised that you would act this disrespectful toward someone here. That is disappointing. (and the fact that it now comes as "expected" behavior, even more dissapointing)

simbambim wrote:If the UK does win, please send someone to negotiate who is not a psychopath.

Simbambin. Regardless of whether you felt offended by Warty before, calling him a psycopath is really questionable behavior.

Warty wrote:Well, when you find yourself up against against psychiatrists as well as the terminally-offended it's probably best to leave.

I understand your motivations. I call your statement a provoking of scalation of conflict nonetheless. I don't know if someone here is a psychiatrists, and I agree that making statements over your mental health is out of place.

IAHM-COL wrote:
KL-666 wrote:Sorry Warty, you can not be taken serious. Are you actually older than 6?

Kind regards, Vincent

+1

Once again. Apologies. I acted light-headed. KL-666 comment is clearly offensive. Again, it is a response to previous attacks, and it contributes to escalation of conflict.

So, over-all, I think all sides here are behaving really out of place.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:05 pm

Ah offline to sabotage the vote. Conspiracy, conspiracy, conspiracy.... :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:06 pm

elgaton wrote:@IAHM-COL: I've got a deadline approaching (I'm writing my Master's thesis and I need to complete/send a chapter to my advisor) - I've read the thread (as well as the posts on Curtis' forum), but I can't reply right now. (Besides that, Curtis' forum appears to be offline at the moment).

I'll write a more detailed post tomorrow - sorry for the delay.

Ok. Looking forward to move forward.
Congratulations on your master. Good luck in your thesis.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:13 pm

At ALL

About the Festival Taking place in UK

1. It is an option in the poll, suggested by both KL-666 and I
2. It wont be removed.
3. If it's upvoted, the festival will take place in UK. There is nothing FGUK could do to prevent it.
4. I don't see why would they try to prevent it either
5. They will know about this for at least 6 months in advance, and thus they'll have all time to decide whether they'll join or they'll plan their weekend elsewhere for that particular weekend.
6. No airport is out of the question. I may as well ATC EGOD, if I want to. (I can't tell yet -- and personally I have other preferences in the area)
7. The FGUK can vote in the Forum to avoid the Festival in UK, or to promote it. Their choice.

R.M.S.

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:16 pm

@elgaton,

I add my congratulations on getting very close to earning your master's degree.

All Free Flight Readers:

Although I haven't been active on this thread, I am in full agreement with IAHM's statement:

1. This thread is not closed and further comments will not be prevented.
2. No post by anyone will be deleted using moderating privileges
3. I invite everyone to an introspection on correct treatment of everyone here, being a friend or not.
4. No one is banned or permanently deleted out of this confrontation.

SkyBoat
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:28 pm

Excuse me

KL-666 comment is clearly offensive
\

After being falsely accused of not respecting fguk's wishes. Not followed by an apology, but out of context quotes [edit] added with some insult "Straw man" [/edit]. I find it completely reasonable to question who (what age) i am dealing with.

Offensive probably, but with a reason, and certainly not clearly.

Kind regards, Vincent
Last edited by KL-666 on Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Warty

Postby Warty » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:43 pm

A little context, rather than cherry-picking:
J Maverick 16 wrote:having folks playing around annoying us or ATCs dictating us what to do isn't accepted by most of us.

simbambim wrote:This isn't very courteous either. Please remember that you don't own FG or UK. :?

Warty wrote:It was a statement of fact. If your sensibilities are so easily offended then maybe you should stay away from facts :)

ie: Mav made a statement of fact that offended simbambim. How can a statement of fact be very courteous or not??

IAHM-COL wrote: . . you call the ATC participants "ATC-Types" and then suggest that they or we are control freaks.

Well hush my mouth, my bad! So the grammar police insist that they are to be known as ATC participants rather than types. I stand corrected! The reference to "control freaks" was in a different sentence. The previous sentence referred to "ATC-types" (apologies again) and an "ATC-free zone". I think some people are maybe a little too sensitive. But, if the cap fits . . .

IAHM-COL wrote:I find all the horror Warty is perceiving out of an UK event, rather premature, and rather unnecessary.

What horror?? This is just making stuff up. I just pointed out that FGUK don't do ATC and so they'd just blank/ignore any attempts to control them.

IAHM-COL wrote:I really wonder if Warty is really representing the FGUK sentiment, then.

I think the above is a reasonable assessment, i.e.: FGUK don't do ATC and so they'd just blank/ignore any attempts to control them. It's no big deal to them. The nice thing about MP is that other users can be simply blanked/ignored. I think that Mav and myself have been trying (admittedly unsuccessfully) to answer the question "what about FGUK". We didn't ask it - just tried to answer and got shot down.

Warty

Postby Warty » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 pm

IAHM-COL wrote: . . . I don't know for sure what is the comment that spiked your post to be considered unacceptable by some . . .

Well you could always ask. Free speech coupled to a kangaroo court - amazing! Orwell was supposed to be a warning not an instruction manual :)

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:01 am

It makes sense Warty.

For piece of mind. A festival in UK is not going to mean that the FGUK event is going to be bound to ATC by anyone. We can respect that. In the remote possibility that the FGUK schedules the event in a simultaneous area to ATC during festival, we'll be able to find the most reasonable compromises.

Maybe, it could be a great opportunity to simulate MOAs. Maybe not.
The Event lasts 48h. An FGUK event last 2h. We can even close ATC operations in the relevant area for a limited margin of time.
etc,.

The festival also has minigames. Which are non-controlled events of about 2h duration. A great way for the FGUK to participate is to generate a UK themed mini-event and thus be part/embrace such possibility.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:11 am

Warty wrote:Orwell was supposed to be a warning not an instruction manual :)

Criticism taken.

I dare to quote Orwell here, that you called him. More in a humorous way to pinch our fingers with his thorns. More intriguingly now that we are opening a poll, and UK is among the optionables

George Orwell wrote:An illusion can become a half-truth, a mask can alter the expression of a face. The familiar arguments to the effect that democracy is 'just the same as' or 'just as bad as' totalitarianism never take account of this fact. All such arguments boil down to saying that half a loaf is the same as no bread. In England such concepts as justice, liberty and objective truth are still believed in. They may be illusions, but they are powerful illusions. The belief in them influences conduct,national life is different because of them. In proof of which, look about you. Where are the rubber truncheons, where is the caster oil?

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”