United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018
Octal450

Re: United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

Postby Octal450 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:14 pm

During festival times, I may open up EHAM. London is too complex for a simple-minded person like me. :)

Bravo1atc

Postby Bravo1atc » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Hello. Can i take London Heathrow airport? I spoke with ACI already he says its alright!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:25 am

Hi Bravo1ATC
I am fine with that :D
Wondering what position is ACI considering then?

IH-cOL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

aiannuzzi99

Postby aiannuzzi99 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Yeah actually Bravo, I think I'm justr going to stay with London SW you have to talk to DJIM because technically he owns it.
But if IAHM-COL says you can have it then I can help you finish setting up the scenery.
ACI

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:15 am

OK this is causing disputes. ACI/Falcon, bravo1?
Heres my two cents. This festival will have problems! And here is why.

It's too complex. Most pilots won't understand who to contact, and when.
FlightGear has old NavData. Many waypoints/vors are missing/wrong. SID/STARs are all missing, and alot of waypoints in them are not correct in FGFS.
Most pilots are only VOR/ILS Capable. (see jomo films/samATC films, other) They do not know what is a SID/STAR, or NAT TRACK, or anything. Maybve they no understand other things as well.
More reasons I to tired to explain right now. About to go to bed when I hear about this fight shit.

But I am angry one thing.

In the beginning, I called EGKK with ATC1337. You guys all were OK with it! Then I get pulled from my fun exciting position to work some center i never ever heard from! This is not fun anymore!!!!! Leave VATSIM/IVAO stuff inside VATSIM/IVAO.

If you want to be that serious, go ATC at VATSIM. The software/training is way better than FGFS. You can even connect FGFS in VATSIM on Windows!!
VRC is wonderful ATC software. I've watched ACI control, and I know he's good.

I want like the Japan Festival. That was GOOD FUN! Not too serious, I got some fun flying and fun controlling RJTT_APP/DEP, Japan Center East.

This is really just hell. :oops:

If this keeps continuing trying to replicate VATSIM/IVAO, I'm leaving FGMP. I'll stick to devving and occasional flights with friends.

:(

Josh

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:41 am

Josh wrote:Most pilots won't understand who to contact, and when.

It shouldn't be a problem at all. The ATC who is controlling the pilot currently shall ask him to contact the next ATC on this freq (Freq can be added to channel name on mumble) or ask him to contact an ATC callsign on FGchat.

FlightGear has old NavData. Many waypoints/vors are missing/wrong. SID/STARs are all missing, and alot of waypoints in them are not correct in FGFS.

That is not a problem. Before the festival we could release a new NAVAID database.
Last time simbambim did it. https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic. ... 13#p261668

Last time elgaton released a route manager file for the SID/STARs so pilots wont have a problem with it.

Most pilots are only VOR/ILS Capable. (see jomo films/samATC films, other) They do not know what is a SID/STAR, or NAT TRACK, or anything.

Most will also be able to go direct to a waypoint.
The problem with SID/STAR can be fixed with a route manager file.
NAT Track? We are not ATCing neither Gander nor Shanwick oceanic. So why do you need pilots to understand NAT track.

In the beginning, I called EGKK with ATC1337. You guys all were OK with it! Then I get pulled from my fun exciting position to work some center i never ever heard from! This is not fun anymore!!!!!

A lot of people decided to volunteer for ATCing so to make everyone happy Israel and Turbo coordinated with everyone to give everyone a chance. If you are not interested in your current position contact them instead of bickering about that.

Which position would you like to control? APP/DEP?

Leave VATSIM/IVAO stuff inside VATSIM/IVAO.

Why should you do that? Why cant it be made realistic as it is now?

I say we should only go as it is right now (IVAO format)

SHM
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:50 am

We are doing it like IVAO ....?
When youre drawing sid stars are you drawing them from ivao? Nonono. We are not IVAistic, we are REAListic. We may use the separation of airspaces of IVAO but with the intention of make it realistic and with sence. Then, because people are used to use vors and headings they cannot learn (does their brain dont allow it? Dont thing so, may be just better let them be half of a not clever?) Whatever I do ATC as IVe learned too.

PD if you wanna practice as an ATCO purchase the software SkyTest ATCO.
[url]Image[/url]

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:10 pm

^

As SHM said.

IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:18 pm

Well then this will be my last Festival. The others were much much much more fun.

@SHM
How many people would really update that?
NAT Track was an example.

I am upset because I was told I could not work the position *I was told I could*, and then strict VATSIM/IVAO procedures were enforced.

Never in the past have the festival done something like this. There will be more ATCs than Pilots I'm pretty sure.

ACI+Falcon both agree with me. So I know I'm not the only one.

@oscar6662
I can't understand what you saying here sorry. The words do not make sense.

I really hope 2017 festival I can control one airport. With maybe another controller as TWR/GND. Like it has been in the past. Otherwise, don't expect me to join.

Josh

SHM

Postby SHM » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 pm

it0uchpods wrote:Well then this will be my last Festival. The others were much much much more fun.

This will be more fun :)

@SHM
How many people would really update that?

I can volunteer to bring the new database,

I am upset because I was told I could not work the position *I was told I could*, and then strict VATSIM/IVAO procedures were enforced.

What position was that?
FG Pilot (2011-2018)
Prepar3d (2015 - 2023)
MSFS2020 (2020 - )

Return to “The Festival”