Talking Festival 2017

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

Re: Talking Festival 2017

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:13 pm

@Pinto. Added those suggestions to the list.
Impressive screenshots!
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Raven

Postby Raven » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:47 am

@IHAM-COL

Okay its fine with me as well, then i would like to re-propose my airport candidates to --> Peninsular S.E.Asia, restricted to: Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Peninsular/West Malaysia, Singapore.
Callsign: RAVEN

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:15 pm

I somewhere read Greek Islands, so that's what it is: :D
but also
so, I guess the challenge's up, I'll try to create a custom scenery for it (area:)

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Mmm, the airport of the 3rd pic is an interesting place to operate... ;)

Talking about the 2017 Festivals, I'm considering to be a more active organizer of both of them so that there would be an even more interesting environment for pilots and ATCs. I want to bring my ideas and willing to contribute (not necessarily regarding scenery development) to the Festival preparation.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:41 pm

Thanks for volunteering J.Mav.
Elgaton has work overload, therefore we appreciate more hands in the planning team.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

D-ECHO

Postby D-ECHO » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:46 pm

If I get terragear running, I'll produce a scenery for Greece :D

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:46 pm

KL-666 wrote:
Catalanoic wrote:The 2014 event Festival was in Spain/Portugal.

I agree. I think countries done already should be excluded. At least for a couple of years, so other areas get some attention too. Just my opinion. If everyone wants to have the festivals at the same places all the time, that is fine with me too.

Kind regards, Vincent

I agree with you Vincent. Perhaps it should be at least one year between a repeat (meaning if you have country X in the spring of 2016, it'll be available again at the earliest fall 2017 - with the caveat of Europe/non-europe as well... which I guess makes it spring 2018).

On the other hand, if keeping it the same brings more people to the event, maybe that's better?

Do you have any other thoughts on it?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:52 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Thanks for volunteering J.Mav.
Elgaton has work overload, therefore we appreciate more hands in the planning team.

Depending on work I might have time and a more powerful computer available next year. So for rendering, as long as someone can tell me what and how to do it, I can probably help that way. I didn't participate much by flying this year, but I feel I should try to give back as much as I can if I get time to do it moving forward. I just wish I had skills or time to develop them.

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:56 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:
D-ECHO wrote:Scandinavia should be pretty impossible for a fall edition. It's too far north, resulting in a sunset at 16:01

We'll see, whatever gets selected in Europe "falls in Fall"

Could that be changed though? Could it possibly be an either-or poll where if Scandinavia is chosen then Europe will be in the spring instead? I know that'd be a practical problem as far as the poll goes, but.... just a thought...

I'd also like to ask you (and others) a question:

Do you know what the makeup of participants has been for the festivals so far? I'm wondering because since we have two festivals, and if we "lock" Europe to one part of the year, we'll always have this discrepancy between participants that live physically in real life in very different time zones. So there's twice the "problem" in that a person on the US west coast will only be able to participate at a certain time of day in the festival area, and it could be very different from a person in Germany (i.e. a 9 hr difference I believe).

Is it something that can and should be taken into account do you think?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Sounds awesome Lydiot

Right now we are in the stage of Collecting candidates. Then It will be that of preparing (2) polls on Curtis' Forum.
For what I've seen, no-one in Curtis' Forum is bringing forward ideas of potential locations just yet.

One administrative decision that needs to be made is: when do we "call it a day" and open the poll?
I dont want waiting too long, so we've got plenty of preparation time for Spring. But I dont want to haste it either. Once the polls are open there's not a window of opportunity of "lets call this candidate now".

I am surprised Europe looks calm now. (as in less possible candidates listed) than in previous editions.

I suggest, back into topic, to open polls from Nov26th to December 10th (?)

IH-COL

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”