United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

Re: United Kingdom + Ireland: Fall 2016 [November 5th and 6th]

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 4:19 pm

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-8AC8D2C9EE4785CC35DFB9B145BA1A83/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGKK_5-1_en_2014-09-18.pdf

@ATC411

This is what I am seeing in the charts + IVAO + VATSIM sites referring to the Gatwick situation.

You will see there the airspace controlled by Gatwick _ APP (Gatwick _ CTA) and Gatwick _TWR (Gatwick _ CTR). After a plane exits that area (inbound or outbound) it is out of Gatwick controller boundaries and become the controlling domain of LTMA (London Terminal Maneuvering Area Controller).

That is what we are trying to let you know. You can be Gatwick CTA (EGKK_AP), which gives you the lateral and vertical boundaries established by the proccedures on that area, all the way to delivery on Gatwick.

The LTMA you see there in all the charts of the London Area Airports corresponds, exactly, to London_CTR_S as shown in the map by T-URBO above
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=241&start=50#p8203

Which is the controller that encompasses all aircrafts (outbound and inbound) to all the airports in the metropolitan area (EGKK, EGLL, EGLC, and, EGCM). We are not "killing" approach; the proccedures and charts all are telling us (you and we) what are the controlling areas boundaries. For Gatwick_APP you see is that "inverted" cake ending at 2500 feet AGL.

ATCJay is offering EGSS, which is on London_C_CTR, and maybe he wants to take this whole area (?)
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Tue May 10, 2016 4:39 pm

It is not silly at all thinking well and hardly you get to think that so much appr will be a mess up. With my experience in Vatsim I know when you take off before they send you to CTR you get to visit the director. I am not 100% sure about the arrivals.
[url]Image[/url]

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue May 10, 2016 4:40 pm

I was never said to remove AP controllers. Please read my post again:

EGKK - Gatwick
ATC1337 - EGKK_TW - Callsign: GATWICK TOWER - Controlling: Heathrow Delivery/Ground and Tower
Josh - EGKK_AP - Callsign: GATWICK DIRECTOR - Controlling Heathrow Approach, When TW inactive: Heathrow Delivery/Ground/Tower and Approach

There is a discrepancy between what I am saying and what IAHM-COL positing on the first post. When there a centre online approach controllers will be used for final vectoring to the approach and the immediate departure phase of the fight. This is how its done in VATSIM and in Real Life. When there no control online that is still to be determined. We are trying to get everyone what they want while trying to keep it semi realistic, easy to coordinate, organized and easy for pilots to understand.

Nothing finalized yet, and we also just changed to IVAO procedures therefore the whole thing may change.

Edit: EGBB is also part of London_C_CTR therefore I might help JAY do centre when he not active

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 4:43 pm

it0uchpods , as Turbo said ^

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 4:46 pm

T-URBO wrote:Edit: EGBB is also part of London_C_CTR therefore I might help JAY do centre when he not active

@T-URBO
Good catch! Would you mind being London_C_CTR at all times?
ATC-Jay had just stated EGSS_ Which prob. means Standsted as see here: http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadbasic/pamslight-8AC8D2C9EE4785CC35DFB9B145BA1A83/7FE5QZZF3FXUS/EN/Charts/AD/AIRAC/EG_AD_2_EGSS_4-1_en_2015-04-02.pdf

In that case, you could be London (as C_CTR) at all times.

Elgaton is still considering his position, and studying the situation he would preffer.
So far it seems to me that ATC411 wants to actually be London_S not EGKK... I am trying to get on mumble to clarify airspaces with him.

R.M.S.

T-URBO

Postby T-URBO » Tue May 10, 2016 4:54 pm

I want to condinate with Jay first. He been acting as EGSS and is more familiar with the airspace.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi ALL

Josh (ATC411) will be taking London Control Southwest (EGTL_SW), centering his operations from Gatwick, with a frequency 134.125
He and I will be having some training sessions to prepare him for this responsible task.

This represents roughly to what can be seen in the map below as London_S_CTR as lightblue

(this as a change to being just Gatwick Approach)

The first post has been updated to Current Situation.

R.M.S.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:15 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:And congratulations on your reaching Ace pilot on North Korea during the Spring Festival. I read about your six kills - six stars. WOW. Impressive!!

Thanks!

What happens in North Korea, stays in North Korea...

Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:23 pm

If I am not wrong this is what I control:

http://imgur.com/7xqDLXQ
[url]Image[/url]

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 10, 2016 7:52 pm

Without being very polished in the borders, the zone looks more like this

Being responsible for any traffic above transition altitudes (I believe its 6000 but need check) to FL285 in the red zone. And being responsible all the way to ground and delivery in the blue zone (Manchester - EGCC)

Nicely all you area will fit OK in the 100nm range limitations

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”