Japan: Spring 2016 [May 7th and 8th]

May 5th and 6th, 2018
J Maverick 16

Re: Japan: Spring 2016 [May 7th and 8th]

Postby J Maverick 16 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:01 pm

I'm going to controll RJTY (Yokota AB) for Saturday afternoon-evening till 19:00 UTC and Sunday afternoon-evening unless I astill have PC issues or other problems.
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

oscar6662

Postby oscar6662 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Okay there are some wrongly undertood thinks going on. i am fully able to control at sunday because in spain its hollidays and then I will sit and control as PRO as I can. Theeeen I would like to talk to el Gatlon via mumble to aclare some thinks of coordinació that is much isiier to do talking than writing in a foum.

Thanks
[url]Image[/url]

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:43 pm

oscar6662 wrote:Okay there are some wrongly undertood thinks going on. i am fully able to control at sunday because in spain its hollidays and then I will sit and control as PRO as I can. Theeeen I would like to talk to el Gatlon via mumble to aclare some thinks of coordinació that is much isiier to do talking than writing in a foum.

Thanks

OK, then lego wont need to control. Right?

So then Sunday I won't need to control everything, which is nice.

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:41 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:Elgaton, how's chubu situation?

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Starting from the latter: I hoped to save some space by taking the unwrapped textures and removing repeated parts, keeping the results in a single file (in the hope to be able to clip and repeat it on all the faces); however, that is not possible (the AC3D format ignores materials, and the UV map in Blender can not be used for repeating part of a texture). On the plus side, while it is preferable to make use of a single texture file for each model, it is not mandatory (actually, in our case, this - combined with tiling - could bring significant savings in the case of the hangars).

I think I'll send an e-mail to the scenery server maintainers to ask their opinion (submitting the models "as they are", but with a reduced texture size, vs using small shared textures for the airport buildings, resizing only elements that do not fall in that case).

J Maverick 16 wrote:I'm going to controll RJTY (Yokota AB) for Saturday afternoon-evening till 19:00 UTC and Sunday afternoon-evening unless I astill have PC issues or other problems

Thanks - I'll update the first post on the Festival thread in Curtis' forum.

oscar6662 wrote:Okay there are some wrongly undertood thinks going on. i am fully able to control at sunday because in spain its hollidays and then I will sit and control as PRO as I can. Theeeen I would like to talk to el Gatlon via mumble to aclare some thinks of coordinació that is much isiier to do talking than writing in a foum.

Not a problem, however, I'm on a slow connection at this time (I'm capped to 32 Kb/s until the end of the month), so the talk will be in low quality. Just tell me a time when we can meet.

it0uchpods wrote:OK, then lego wont need to control. Right?

It depends on you - you could control the airport at the same time (one of you could do Ground and the other one Tower) or just decide on a single controller. (I would suggest filling in both positions for more realism, but it's your choice).

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:41 am

I'll control :)

Djim wants to be ground.
I want to be clearance.
Oscar is already ground and tower.
Joshua is already approach and departure.

I do not know if Oscar still wants to do Haneda. He said he dropped out on facebook.

So, I think that Jim should do ground when Oscar isn't there and clearance when I am not there :)
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:25 am

elgaton wrote:
IAHM-COL wrote:Elgaton, how's chubu situation?

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Starting from the latter: I hoped to save some space by taking the unwrapped textures and removing repeated parts, keeping the results in a single file (in the hope to be able to clip and repeat it on all the faces); however, that is not possible (the AC3D format ignores materials, and the UV map in Blender can not be used for repeating part of a texture). On the plus side, while it is preferable to make use of a single texture file for each model, it is not mandatory (actually, in our case, this - combined with tiling - could bring significant savings in the case of the hangars).

I am not surprised. Good to see some progress. Do your best to update to terrasync. Remember; the Terrain needs update too, or you will have floating buildings in the Ocean.
Hopefully I'll have terraGIT ready for the festival and we can feature there all great work by SHM on multiple airports.

Best,
IH-COL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:32 am

legoboyvdlp wrote:I'll control :)

Djim wants to be ground.
I want to be clearance.

I do not know if Oscar still wants to do Haneda. He said he dropped out on facebook.

Well, is Oscar still controlling?

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:38 pm

it0uchpods wrote:
legoboyvdlp wrote:I'll control :)

Djim wants to be ground.
I want to be clearance.

Well, is Oscar still controlling?

No idea. Neither oscar nor Jim has replied on Facebook.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:42 pm

@elgaton!

Djim and I will take RJCC -- I personally on Saturday; I don't know about Jim.
I will ask if I will do APP/DEP or GND/TWR

Oscar and Josh will still do Haneda.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:21 pm

Just to confirm he will control both days as GND TWR while I will do APP DEP on Saturday only.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Return to “The Festival”