An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
Lydiot

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby Lydiot » Thu May 05, 2016 8:01 pm

jwocky wrote:The reason to make comparisons is to show similarities. If people would make more such comparisons, history wouldn't repeat over and over again. The interesting point in the Eichmann comparison is, that Eichmann did bad things and justified them by "he followed only orders", which, according to his defence, cleared him of all responsibility. Stuart claims, he follows only rules ... means basically standing orders, someone else made. Which in the basic mechanism is the very same thing.
The comparison in question only has one drawback, that is, that people tend to see only the Nazis, not the mechanism and the brave little political corrects don't speak about them anymore, thinking, they can silence the past by just suppressing it.

You could have made the exact same point without mentioning Nazis. It wouldn't have been that hard. Even just being pragmatic about the whole thing you would've not just benefited from that initially but also by gracefully held your ground on the principle criticism yet apologized for the Nazi comparison. Now you just come off as a knucklehead blowhard.

jwocky wrote:Silence the uncomfy things by telling someone else "it is unbecoming to you to mention this or that". Like JWocky, don't mention the Nazis, it is unbecoming, like X, don't mention FGMEMBERS, it is unbecoming, like Y, don't mention TerraGit, it is unbecoming, like Z, don't mention bubble neighborhoods, it is unbecoming. Basically, it is just suppressing the truth for the political correctness and therefore, I won't go down that road.

J.

Yeah, "political correctness"... lol...

Don't you have a book to finish???
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Thu May 05, 2016 8:02 pm

KL-666 wrote: Jwocky does things very straightforward following rules of reasoning

Occasionally yes. A lot of the time he does no such thing.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:18 pm

Well the way i see it at this forum is that battles over subjects occur. Yet there is respect for the others opinion. Battles do not end in all out war aimed at destroying the the opponent to the ground. I see battles as normal debate. But war is unfortunately the norm at the other forum.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 05, 2016 9:35 pm

So, the Lydiot has put up his own unsolicited opnion as fact, twice in the last two posts. Here is his problem: Like everyone here, I have the right to free speech. Means, he can yell a thousand times I could have, IN HIS OPINION, skipped the Eichmann comparison. But alone his reaction shows, how necessary it was. Lydiot would have preferred it all low key, easier to ignore. And of course, he had to label me a "knucklehead blowhard", not realyl for the comparison, but because I didn't bow to his attempts to limit my free speech. The part here that makes me laugh is, that the Lydiot tries to do Curtis work (normally the guys, like Bugman, on the other forum are the ones trying to limit other people's free speech by handing out such opinion labels) but he doesn't realize, he won't get anything for it from Emperor Curtis. Why? Because Curtis, Stuart, Bugman & Co live to different degrees and with different skill levels already exactly what the Lydiot tries to sell me here as the latest wisdom. But his "unbecoming" is nothing but an euphemism for "uncomfortable".
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 pm

Hmm, we are not going to accuse anyone here of being Curt's vassal, are we?

kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Nope, accusing of not seeing that he does Curtis' job by spitting out more baseless accusations and judgements based on his own opinions sold as facts. Accused of blindfolding himself maybe?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:57 pm

Ok. I do not know how old Lydiot is. But you do know that the youngsters here have no clue they are being misused by Curt and co. (trying a word that maybe not be twisted by that other forum).

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Well, I think, Lydiot is no kid anymore, so what is his excuse? And maybe you can say, some of the younger ones here lack dirty rethoric trick experience, but at least, they stand their ground and, more important, they are quite good in saying only those things, they can stand in public to. So, Curtis can maybe learn something from them.
Oh, and since we are in the chitchat zone ;-) I hear, Curtis sent out pms accusing me of filling your all heads with nonsense and Israel fills you all with anger ... so, yeah ... uh ... that is right along the line of "knucklehead blowhard", I guess. So maybe we will hear more in the next future about Curtis and dirty tricks and stabbing from behind while the Lydiot tells me, it is unbecoming to point out a similar behavioural mechanism between Curtis and other losing emperors in history. KI see exciting times in our future ;-)

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Thu May 05, 2016 10:51 pm

me? spreading anger?

Now I am furious! :P
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 pm

lmfao ... the f is why I need a C-5 to haul that thing to Japan. And on the subject of Dragon-asses ... someone with a rear as big as this guy doesn't need to get angry, he just rolls over things ...

Return to “Club of the Banned”