An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
jwocky
Site Admin

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby jwocky » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:00 pm

Vincent, really?

Well, is it a fact or not, he banned IAHM-COL and me?
Is it a fact that he temporarily banned ItOuchPods, Bomber and Falcon?
or are you denying this is true?

If you are not denying this, lets ask
is it a fact, he reasoned the bans against Israel and me with following a technical line not sanctioned by the core devs, which are led by Curtis? Or are you denying these facts?
or are you denying, he himself reasoned temporarily bans with corss-posting from this forum which, according to his own words was determined by Curtis Olson as reason for banning?

Is it a fact or not, that his actions against members of this forum over there were "pseudo-justified" with arguments (for example language) that wouldn't cause any repercussions if they would come from any other person, like a certain Mr. T for example?

So, after I listed all of this, it appears not so much that I "claim my suspicions would be facts" but rather that you "are in denial about the facts".
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:23 pm

I would say my ban was subjective .... all I simply did was point out the previous pages and pages of negative posts....

Only to be accused of being negative and found guilty of trolling.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:47 pm

Yes, yes, Jwocky, you have strong and founded suspicions. Yet they still are suspicions and not facts (not to be confused with some facts you did mention).

Why bother so much with trying to prove your suspicions. In a few years we are all dead, and a 100 years after that no one even remembers that we ever existed. We could choose to enjoy the bit of life we still have.

Kind regards, Vincent

Lydiot

Postby Lydiot » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:30 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:59 pm

:idea:
OK. I have been thinking about the last few transactions in this thread. (except Lydiot's last, which needs captioning so far)

Let me say that there is something we (all three: KL, JW, and IH) have in common to point: That Stuart, by all means (and regardless of the reasons and motivations) had shown an utter lack of skills to be a successful moderator.

I say, that, regardless of such motivation, and on the light of the last events (which are the core of this thread: the last banning of Bomber, it0uchpods and Falcon for 24h), I say, I repeat, he should recognize we had spread him "too thin" and he is no longer able to exercise as Forum moderator in an appropriate manner that is convenient for the community as a whole.

I think, Stuart should make an acknowledgement, and relinquish of such function (not that I think he will be able to).

On the other hand, I dont imagine what that place can become if only Bugman, the calumniator remains in that position, when clearly Johan (the best of their moderators) seem to have taken down passively a down-step
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Can someone please explain bugman to me, he's been here what 5 minutes and already has the keys.... how did that happen ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:51 pm

Yes that bugman is really a bugger, of whom i would believe Jwocky's suspicions more easily. Stuart is merely a fool that should step down on the basis of incompetence. And yes, where are the good moderators like Johan? It is a sign on the wall.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:16 pm

I dont know for sure who Bugman is, but he (as you say) became a community moderator by playing cards of "I deffend the project from Israel's Hijack". He is in fact STILL using that card to gain more influence even over the wiki.

I dont Know, again, who he is, But for the easy rise to the top, and given he came exactly when F-FJTH dropped, I think he IS F-FJTH (the FGADDON creator) on disguise. \I have no prove, but strong heartfeel.\ (also, he says he is being in the community since very early versions, but all that is unverifiable with content on the forum or the devel.list under Edward or Bugman identity)

I believe Hooray knows about this more. One time he said something along the lines of people changing identities to get out of "the purgatory" in our community. I believe that is what he meant.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:21 pm

(Edward D'Avergne - bugman on the devel.list wrote:Hi,

On the forum (now trashed) and on the wiki [1], a hijack attempt by FGMEMBERS of the mumble server has been detected. This is disrespectful behaviour by it0uchpods (a.k.a. CA1012_Falcon5, and possibly using other aliases). I have therefore temporarily blocked the wiki article. If anyone else notices subversive FGMEMBERS behaviour, please don't hesitate to point it out.

Cheers,

Edward

[1] See the history of http://wiki.flightgear.org/Mumble

R.M.S.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:38 am

Hooray wrote:Please feel free to repost this in public: I PM'ed you, legoboyvdlp, in response to the Mumble issue on the wiki, and asked for clarification - it was only in "passing" that I acknowledged that I had seen said "open letter", and it originating from DrDavid, I obviously took an interest in reading it, because he seems to understand more about integrity than most other "senior-staff" affiliated with fgmembers - in particular, I also remembered one of his earlier postings on the FG forum, where I also agreed with some findings/conclusions (and said so!), despite disagreeing with the underlying reasons that he identified (there seems to be a certain tendency to jump the gun, but nevertheless I found his postings usually very interesting/insightful).

Re-posting my PM in public is unfortunate, but not exactly unexpected - you could basically call it a test, even a trap.

I have been in touch with others about this, even before I got in touch with you - specifically, I disagree/d with Curt even responding to said letter for a variety of reasons - however, SkyBoat seemed to honor Curt's wish, which I absolutely respect, and which I expected given his reputation on the official forum.

What unfolded subsequently is basically proof that you, the fgmembers senior folks (Israel & Peter), cannot be trusted at all - I don't care about that particular message or my comments in it; my opinion is well-known, also to Curt, it's all in the archives (as can be seen by following the links I sent you). Curt, and others, never censored any of those postings, despite my postings obviously disagreeing rather strongly with Curt and most of the people that you'd consider the "establishment".

Thus, given that I referred you to the archives, referring to the rejuvenation point that "DrSkyBoat" made, I have said what I think in the most public form possible, on the right forum, to the right people - thus, the FlightGear community is perfectly aware of my perspective, and considering similar comments reminiscent of my postings, doesn't have anything to do with not showing any backbone ...

Equally, I also stated that I disagreed with the original ban, and a number of incidents involving moderation/censorship on the official forum, and I will continue to do so, despite being considered a part of this establishment.

I have exchanged more messages with senior contributors recently than I care to admit, including messages with Curt
so they, and he in particular, know exactly where I am standing, which doesnt much have to do with picking a "side" or as misrepresenting where I am standing (as per Bomber's comment), as usual Bomber is trying too hard to partition this community according to his own agenda (see his most recent feat/topic), so no surprises there.

However, what you folks are doing right now is to discredit yourselves here, and you're proving that the only person to understand integrity, is indeed SkyBoat - who probably also is the oldest/most mature and most educated person involved in this mess that you created.

It is funny that you were "unable" to comply with my request to remove my PM from the forum, despite a number of fgmember/jbw forum admins being involved.

Never mind, there you have it, you were tested and you failed, terribly, I may add.

Again, I absolutely share some of the sentiments that DrDavid posted, and I find it unfortunate that he also got banned from the official forum, because he could have contributed to this project at the organizational level, had he had access to the facts.

Nobody in their sane mind is going to take you seriously from now on - and I will happily acknowledge in public to whoever is asking, that you did indeed decide not to comply with my request.

Admittedly, I was a little surprised seeing KL-666 over there, but admire his willingness to show that he does indeed have a backbone :D

PS: And please guys, stop making all those Nazi-references, you are ridiculing yourselves (does Dunning-Kruger ring a bell?).
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

Return to “Club of the Banned”