Beagle Pup experiment

Everything in connection with developing aircraft for FlightGear
IAHM-COL

Re: Beagle Pup experiment

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:31 pm

bomber wrote:OK..... I'm confused, it so doesn't sound like my plane.

I'll try make a video sometime.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:55 pm

I'm not sure on the real beagle pup that there is aileron trim.... I think this is just used with FG for AP....
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Postby bomber » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:56 pm

Oh if you're making a video I'd like to do the same, can you help with software ?
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:03 pm

linux only on this side. I will record with ffmpeg.
and use ffmpeg again to transcode.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:29 pm

@Israel it seems like you're trying to put me under pressure to release my FDM as GPL now. That's one of the reasons why I didn't want to get into licencing discussions - but mainly because I want to keep the thread relevant to the topic and not waffling off on some sort of never ending discussion of licences and copyrights. If you want to discuss this I can start a new topic. I've been clear from the outset that my model is my copyright and I don't want it distributed.

Anyway I've taken your comment as notice of copyright infringement, for which I apologise, and I've removed all of the infringing files from my site and put up a new archive that is just my FDM. I think Simon has given me permission to use and distribute his engine / propeller so they are now in a separate archive. My FDM will now be a direct replacement for pup100.xml which is a bit less convenient for testing.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:46 pm

I don't push you anywhere.
If you are going to release an all rights reserved material do it.
But hopefully stick to your guns and only use material you own an can license as such

Using CC share alike material is dubious. That you have bomber's blessing. Good for you. But why is Simon Marley not in your copyright announcement as a shared author then?

One thing is not entering licensing discussions and do everything right. Other thing, a completely one is avoid the discussions while doing shitty stuff.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:47 pm

On the other hand if you were to make it free software (I dont care, GPL CC CC-SA, or whatever) I can download and test and compare. (yet more likely also push to FGMEMBERS or FGMEMBERS-NON GPL as well) so if that's what you are shielding, then your safe path is do it All rights reserved, as you are now.

Propietary software? Nah. I dont use that.

R.M.S.

Richard

Postby Richard » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:25 pm

IAHM-COL wrote:... But hopefully stick to your guns and only use material you own an can license as such

Using CC share alike material is dubious. That you have bomber's blessing. Good for you. But why is Simon Marley not in your copyright announcement as a shared author then?

One thing is not entering licensing discussions and do everything right. Other thing, a completely one is avoid the discussions while doing shitty stuff.

I've already taken down and removed all of the material that you speak of. Simon has given permission to use and distribute his Engines and Propeller so those are separately available (if I'm wrong about this Simon can tell me and I'll take those down). In the FDM Simon is credited. On the splash screen he wasn't but that did say "Aerodynamics Copyright". Anyway the splash screen is gone now.

I don't want my FDM distributed as it is; whether on FGM, FGM NON-GPL, FGAddon, or anywhere really. It's not a finished model and it's not good enough to be distributed widely. All of my previous FG stuff has been GPL because I believe in the spirit of free software.

I'm not doing this experiment to make a new pup aerodynamics model - it's to see if we can develop a way of working together to find a new way of building aerodynamic models. If you or anyone chooses not to participate because of the licence then that's a loss to the project.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:18 am

don't worry .
I will test free software material.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:30 pm

Back to real business, bomber

I had not Made a video yet cause I'll try to out rule the possibility that my joystick calibration could be to blame in the tendency to climb and roll I see when I leave this little dog of yours alone.

Could the taxiing problem be one of CG?

R.M.S.

Return to “Aircraft Development”