Free Speech

Free speech and open source development
bomber

Re: Free Speech

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:02 pm

KL-666 wrote:Bomber attributes a text he quotes to me, which is not mine. Next he blatantly denies that he did that. In my book that is what is called lying. I do not know in what realm Bomber lives, where that is not called lying. Would that be the realm of the trolls?

Kind regards, Vincent

Oh for Christs sake... point this fecking quote out to me that I have wrongly attributed to you and I'll change it... You know most people that have this done to them simple say "urm, I didn't say that, I think you'll find it was........" least that's what I do.... rather than call someone a lier for a simple mistake that is easy to make.

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:07 pm

When I first saw this I thought clever...... Maybe you need something similar

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:13 pm

bomber wrote:Oh for Christs sake... point this fecking quote out to me that I have wrongly attributed to you and I'll change it... You know most people that have this done to them simple say "urm, I didn't say that, I think you'll find it was........" least that's what I do.... rather than call someone a lier for a simple mistake that is easy to make.

No, no, no, Bomber, it is not a simple mistake. It is symptomatic for your carelessness with the truth, you display in all your arguing and quoting on this thread. You go and do your homework yourself, before twisting things as you do in each and every post here.

Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:14 pm

Since Owner and moderators allegedly created this mess, we can easily solve it. Obviously, since the community watches two rabid trolls now ripping it all to pieces without making any attempt to intervene, there is anyway not much need for a forum like this, right? I am so tired and pissed off about trolls like Lydiot and Bomber quoting out of context, lying and twisting all the time, just to play their hobby of libel and slander. Bomber for example compares me to Curtis because I did exactly NOT what Curtis did. Then, after denying owner, admins and mods any authority, he tries to file a complaint against a mod with the mods & admins and we can bet already our asses on it that he, like Lydiot, will afterwards find a way to break the suggestions coming form this group.

Sooo, Bomber and Lydiot are hell bound to destroy free speech by abusing it, knowing we have no ban rule in place and therefore they can lie away about what we, the bad owner, admins and mods are doing wrong, how bad we are ... their whole strategy is based on lying and insulting based on the knowledge, none of us is like the people they compare us to and therefore don' act like any of them.

I am so tired of this bullshit. Maybe I have to accept the fact, that a decent human community is a thing of impossibility with the Lydiots and Bombers around? Maybe, stupids like them, who don't even know what they are destroying, need rather Curtis and Stuart and Bugman and Thorsten than what we did here? I don't know and worse, I rapidly approach the point, where I stop to care.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:17 pm

bomber wrote:Now you say you've had this private debate whether to allow name calling or not and I can only assume that you've instructed Lydiot that he can't.... but you didn't tell me or everyone else on this forum that the rules have changed. So I must assume (again) that it's only Lydiot that can't name call, maybe even Jwocky but I can't be sure and nor could Lydiot.

The rules had not changed. Nor for Lydiot, nor JWocky, nor everyone else.
Lydiot and JWocky can keep the insult-circle and we as forum still have no tool for punishment.
We can say as moderators we think you've gone too far. But objectively, we can't say--nor we have said--: What you've done is explicitly outruled here.

We did call for a Walk-away of a circular heating confrontation. But as an advise. If they take it great, if not, then down-the-line one or the other is going to break again, anyways.

bomber wrote:So Vincent attempts to have a conversation/debate 'after the fact' of issuing a private demand to an individual user with regards his actions..

Why ?
You've already decided the new rules, you didn't involve any of the users who originally came here on the grounds that they could let off steam and call bugman a wanker... so why have the conversation at all..?
Was their ever the possibility that if the community had decided that name calling as it was a 'founding action' of this forum should remain a right of all it's users, that you'd contact Lydiot and tell him "yeh you can go slag off Jwocky, the big girls blouse to your hearts content".... was their heck as like.

So owner(s) and moderators.... you've created this mess.
When what you should have done is to have

1) involved the community as a whole in a neutral discussion, ie naming no names or obvious quotes
2) made a proclaimation to this community about any resulting rule changes
3) privately informed Lydiot, Jwocky and me that it will not longer we tolerated that I call bugman a wanker,,, even if it is only a healthy past time.

As they say the ball is in your court.

Simon

Sure. But this is where I am doubtful.
Do you think we should want to change that rule?

I do enjoy acknowledgin' that bugman is a wanker (read an abuser); you know?
And I found it to be a defensible true, too.

and If we must change the rules just because Lydiot and JWocky can't get off each other's back?

Now: the center of this.
If Lydiot could make an effort to not initiate a flame to J. That'll be great. And If J initiates it, he shall know he is going to get catched in word-games, and from that either he knows when to back off and walk away. Cause let's face it. Lydiot never has shown a burn limit so I already know who is taking it all more personally.

If we can live with that, I guess I am in your boat Simon. Name calling is somehow a price we pay for Freedom of Speech. And in my opinion is an small fine.

What has always been a rule in this board is cyber-bullying or attacking a person on religion, gender or nationality. Sometimes one implies the other thou, and thus we walk a line to be careful on, here.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:29 pm

I underwrite the feeling Jwocky expresses. Yet i still want to hold on to being good. Just a little while longer. Who knows, it may finally work out.

Kind regards, Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:08 pm

IAHM-COL. ...... looks like even though we can talk others call names (rabid, troll etc) issue or support threats to get their way..

When push comes to shove. .... principles it seems leave.

Simon.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:13 pm

No, when lying trolls arrive ... principles it seems leave.

Vincent

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:15 pm

The thing is for me its not about Jwocky or Lydiot...

Vincent however as a moderator shouldn't have started this topic....

No one from here complained when I voiced the same opinions on the other other forum that bugman as a moderator shouldn't instigate an attack on me by quoting from here...

It's all about how a moderator should behave.....

I've acted no different here as there, my principles have remained the same.

bomber

Postby bomber » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:16 pm

It's time you handed back the green you're clearly unable to do the job....

Return to “Free Speech”