Re: As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

Postby IAHM-COL » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:51 pm

Hi elgaton
I'm sorry
One more thing.

I believe it is fair people can change their vote until the poll is closed :D
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:56 pm

Of course (I had it in mind).

simbambim

Postby simbambim » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:22 pm

elgaton wrote:As danielHL has already done this in the past, I've asked him to share his experience.

I don't think this ever took place, but...

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:21 am

Ah, what are the current candidates for each area?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:56 am

First post of this thread. It keeps being updated

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:04 am

There is a lot of thoughts, I agree with and some thoughts, I partially disagree with.
The Fall Festival is always in Europe, fine, I can live with that, but then the Spring Festival should, for reasons of fairness never be there. And since the Asian/Australia/New Zealand group of FG users is probably not so much smaller than the number of users from the Americas while we have as far as I know nobody from Africa, I still think, something in Asia or the Southern parts of the US would make sense for the Spring Festival. So far the mere logical argument.
Now, the other things on my list are more taste-arguments. After flying 48 hours quite intensively in the forest covered mountains of Swiss and Austria, I think, the next Festival should just look different. A bit sea view maybe? Personally, I like also deserts, I know, weird. But the point is, we don't need all the time to rush around at FL350+, maybe the Festival has also a bit room for slower and lower and still with controlled departure and arrival airports?
The other thing is, flying from A to B to C to A to D is interesting the first day, if there is nothing else. The interesting intermezzos happened in all three Festivals late evening or during the night. Crazy flights with big planes, spontaneous formation acrobatic, tanker exercises, dog fights with old planes or just a flock of very old planes as in the last one. Personally, since those sleepless nights make me grumpy and unfocused the Sundays of the Festivals would like to lure such actions out to the daylight as ADDITIONAL sub-events. But as I said, this is just my personal taste. I know, ATCs deserve more acknowledgement and a wider platform for what they do (preparing all this stuff is as much work as building planes and controlling is hours of work as many as the pilots get, but there is no tracker tracking their hours). Nevertheless, having said that, there is more to flying than just the commercial fuel saver route and form a oure ATC point of view, planes doing acrobatics have to taxi and take-off too and they want (hopefully) after their performance land again somewhere on an airport. So do tankers. So it is really in my opinion not mutually exclusive.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

SkyBoat

Postby SkyBoat » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:11 am

Hi Everyone-- Well, if the Fall Festival is always in Europe, then I'd advocate we do Scandinavia next fall. I'm not sure if I can officially cast my vote yet, but if not, my informal preference at this point would be:

1. Japan
2. New Zealand.

If I can formally cast my vote for the Spring Festival, it would be the same two I listed as my informal preferences, and I'll just submit that post at the proper time and in the appropriate thread.
SkyBoat

"Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large. Then make the dream real."
Donald Douglas

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:39 am

I need update :S
Was there a mumble meet tonite?

As far as I know: The first time we voted -- not specific geographic distinction - -for a 1 festival a year. Result: Spain

The second time we voted -- we voted for number of festivals ---not geographic distinction--: 2 per year got ressolved

The third time we voted -- we voted for locations. We polled all world in one shot, and Switzerland/Austria Won. Second Place for Argentina/Brazil.
The decision of making the European event the fall one, was secondary. It was never decided that Europe has the requirement of host Fall Festival.

I read on the other forum Lydiot and Simbambin going into this on Curtis'. I think, if it comes to that, and every fall we come back to Europe, that is fine with me --but only if, as Jwocky says, Spring festival is never in Europe. OTOH, it seems to me this should be voted as well.

What is the status on this?

IH-COL

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:41 am

@Skyboat. The poll for areas hasn't begin. You can either publicly vote now, or wait for the poll to open -- and even, wait for it to close. I suggest, Jwocky, Skyboat and I reserve our vote support until Curtis' Forum is over. We meet, with their results in hand, and then have our saying. --but that's just my personal preference.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:57 am

I just read the Curtis' Forum thing going on there. and here. If there was mumble talk I miss it all.

I think, as it stand,

1. @Lydiot. We are trying to coordinate. Not an small group doing decisions for anyone. Everyone that want have their say can and do

2. @elgaton: The situation with Europe Fall as rule or not is a bit out of a consensus. I suggest that being a poll.

[poll]
As the Festival continues, and we look forward to the 2016 season, we wonder

Whether
[*] The Fall Festival should always be held in Europe. The Spring Festival anywhere else but Europe
[*] The Fall Festival and the Spring Festival can be hosted anywhere in the world, and both locations been chosen in a single poll.

R.M.S.

Return to “The Festival”