As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

May 5th and 6th, 2018
KL-666

Re: As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Mig,

Though it is a simulator, insults and false accusations are real.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:35 pm

I can also but agree with Vincent. And that's why I call Warty again to reconsider the tone of Speech (free speech is your privilege, and your responsibility as well)

It does not mean that you wont be questioned by your social behavior.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Postby MIG29pilot » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:35 pm

Vincent
I know; that's why I suggested to the world in general throwing any proposed additions in the direction of the window.
Adam
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

Warty

Postby Warty » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:52 pm

Just as a reminder, here is how this started:

"As for ownership, I doubt that FGUK would organise an event (especially over a whole weekend) in an established ATC zone such as EDDF. If FGUK can respect their wishes to operate under ATC control there, then perhaps ATC-types should respect the wishes of FGUK to operate as a long-established ATC-free zone around EGOD. Perhaps a little mutual respect might help here, rather than suggesting that control-freaks get to to decide who owns what."

Since that comment I have been accused of being out of my mind, rude to the point of intolerable, a psychopath, an insulter, a false accuser and my social behaviour has been called into question. A comment as puerile as "Are you actually older than 6?" gets an upvote from an admin?? And yet the people slinging this shit are offended? WTF?? You guys are best left to you own version of reality. Please remove me from this forum.

BTW, Vincent: I turned 60 last month and earned enough to retire before I was even 50 years old. I honestly have no interest in your opinions of me.

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:56 pm

I'm not saying I don't want a UK2016 Festival, I'd like to see it but I don't think we from FGUK will participate to it directly, maybe just flying around ignoring ATCs but respecting some of their will (e.g. don't mess up with civil traffic, annoy towers etc.).
Have a read on FGUK.eu about this topic and you will surely find out how do we (or they, I'm CEO of NIATCA, don't forget that) consider ATC in FlightGear ;) .
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:11 pm

Hello Maverick,

Thanks for a reasonable word from fguk. I think the festival will respect the fguk likewise. If UK is voted at all.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:37 pm

Warty wrote: gets an upvote from an admin??

I apologize for that. It had been light-headed of mine to up-vote that statement.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

sanhozay

Postby sanhozay » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:49 pm

I know the UK and Ireland airways and airports pretty well and there's no reason to be concerned from either side IMO if there were to be a UK-based "ATC types" event during the festival. The nearest commercial airports are Dublin and Liverpool John Lennon and airways go north or south of EGOD. As long as neither "side" intentionally goes out of their way to disrupt the other, this is a non issue.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:55 pm

Probably the festival will not go to Liverpool, out of courtesy of being too close to fguk operations.

Kind regards, Vincent

elgaton

Postby elgaton » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:03 pm

@IAHM-COL: I've got a deadline approaching (I'm writing my Master's thesis and I need to complete/send a chapter to my advisor) - I've read the thread (as well as the posts on Curtis' forum), but I can't reply right now. (Besides that, Curtis' forum appears to be offline at the moment).

I'll write a more detailed post tomorrow - sorry for the delay.

Return to “The Festival”