As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

May 5th and 6th, 2018
IAHM-COL

Re: As the poll for FG Festival Spring Festival 2016 comes close

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:38 pm

elgaton wrote:Anyway, I assumed in good faith I had sufficient consensus - especially because, before Lydiot asked for clarification here, nobody had expressed a different opinion regarding this formula. From a purely personal point of view, I'd like to keep this arrangement for the reasons listed above so far, plus the one IAHM-COL mentioned and Lydiot referenced (if we hold an edition in Europe, the other one will be held outside that continent), but I'm open to all options. (Hence the second poll proposal me and simbambim referenced). For clarity, I'll update the first post and mark confirmed information in red from now on.

I say Yay! to this.
the arrangement being:
1. Spring festival. anywhere else except Europe.
2. Fall Festival. Anywhere in Europe
3. Fall Festival. 48 h. Exact coinciding with FSWeekend
4. Spring Festival. 4h -- Weekend. much exact to 6 months after as possible.

If this is in agreement --ie, no one find a terrible objection in those 4 above, I think is better running two polls. Splitting European candidates and Non European Candidates, for an Spring and a Fall festival respectively. In which case, I claim valid to reintroduce West Russia 2016 as a candidate as well.

If this is not agreement, then we will default to what we've done in the past for 2015 Festivals.
All options come in a single poll. Winner (Fall) and Runner up (Spring). The consequences of this are clear and I summarized them here: http://thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic.php ... =140#p2540

I really hope Lydiot can come to a compromise with the first offer above. Cause, As far as I am concern he has been the voice of dissent here.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Alternative 1

Poll Spring: Each person has one vote. Winner Spring

• US (South West Coast) 2016
  • Indonesia – Java 2016
  • Eastern China 2016
  • Los Andes – South America 2016
  • Japan 2016
  • South Africa 2016
  • New Zealand 2016
  • Caribbean 2016
  • N. America (North West Coast) 2016
  • N. America (East Coast) 2016

Poll Fall: Each person has one vote. Winner Fall

• Italy 2016
  • Greece – Turkey 2016
  • Germany 2016
  • Scandinavia 2016
  • United Kingdom – Ireland 2016
  • West Russia 2016

Alternative 2

Poll Candidates: Each person has two votes (for different candidates). Winner (Fall) and Runner up (Spring) are selected

• US (South West Coast) 2016
  • Indonesia – Java 2016
  • Eastern China 2016
  • Italy 2016
  • Los Andes – South America 2016
  • Greece – Turkey 2016
  • Germany 2016
  • Japan 2016
  • Scandinavia 2016
  • South Africa 2016
  • United Kingdom – Ireland 2016
  • New Zealand 2016
  • Caribbean 2016
  • N. America (North West Coast) 2016
  • N. America (East Coast) 2016

In case you wonder, I like alternative 1 much better. I prefer fall --as we've done before-- occurring in FSWeekend.
Note: The order of candidates above is the result of a randomization queue.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Postby MIG29pilot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:47 pm

Are you going to choose to have a poll to choose which poll we choose?
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:53 pm

ideally no.
So far, both elgaton and I support option 1. If you have anything to say for these, just tell us with your words.

I think as we stand, option 2 is what happened before. We repeat this (2) if a consensus is not reached. Option 1 is different from what we've done. If we agree on holding two polls, and forcing an European Festival in FSWeekend, then we go with option 1.

R.M.S.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:44 pm

I hate to be a pain in the ass, but if you make two polls then make the first one for ALL options and the second one for all minus the one chosen for Spring. Because one day, we discuss Italy and France and Italy and France are places really nice to visit in Spring while I know some African places for example that are really better in Fall. Get me right here, I don't try to get rid of European Festivals, I try to open the door to switch the Spring/Fall positions. But maybe that's only me.

On some more personal side notes:
@Mig29: The advantage of free speech is free speech. The disadvantage of free speech is also free speech. So, sometimes people go wild about wording, sometimes, what one consdiers rude is normal for someone else and vice versa and in general people (as in human beings) are much easier insulted than ready to think whether what they say maybe is perceived as an insult by others. Hypocrisy is by all means a part of the human condition. However, I am too old to get every time that happens the big ban mace out. I think, the damage of wasting some kilobytes server space for venting orgies id much less than the damage I would do by restrictive measures. We can afford a few kilobytes, we can't afford to lose opinions because that is the only thing that prevents us from organizational blindness. So, sometimes, one has to let people vent and usually, after they all vented enough, they feel sooooo much better. I didn't ban you when you vented, did I?

Having that said: The statement "I don't want to fly controlled" is one thing ... the statement "I don't like control freaks" is an entirely other thing. It'S of course sad, that this needs to be explained to an adult of 60 years, but the world is what it is. So while Warty's point, as valid as it may was in the basic subject, was widely ignored due to language, Maverick got the same point across. My suggestion is, that Warty pays Maverick a beer.
On the real subject of a Festival in the UK. If the Festival comes to the UK, I still would like to see the FGUK somehow integrated. I don't know any bunch in the FG world who know more about military jets, how to fly them and the crazy things that can done with them. Just food for thought.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

MIG29pilot
Location: New Hampshire, waiting for the blizzard...This is goodbye for when it comes

Postby MIG29pilot » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:49 pm

@Mig29: The advantage of free speech is free speech. The disadvantage of free speech is also free speech.

Got you. Taking freedoms and taking liberties.
Thanks, Adam
Professions Splash screen making (commission me!)
Photos http://1drv.ms/1kpo0Lf Dare to mention X-Plane after seeing these
Blog http://fgadam.blogspot.com/
Google+https://plus.google.com/105269990760200962418/posts

J Maverick 16

Postby J Maverick 16 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:12 pm

I'd rather prefer poll 1 since it is more clear.
I think this year I want to give a hand in the festival organization, especially if it is held in UK, so we can put up a great event which fits ok for FGUK, ATCs and pilots.
Regards, Mav

Anyway, just to be clear, I'm not yet a 17-year-old boy, who really enjoys aviation and Flightgear ;) .
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (current project: F-16).
Using Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack.
Follow me also on Instagram & Twitter @j_maverick16, Google+ and YouTube.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:24 pm

jwocky wrote:I try to open the door to switch the Spring/Fall positions. But maybe that's only me.

In my view point option 2 is already considering this option. Since I am proposing not considering distance to Holland a point of argument to decide Fall location anymore, but instead, using the Runner up in Spring, the Winner in Fall. Thus anything can happen.
This also being in agreement with what we've done in 2015. Brazil/Argentina were runner up and decided for Spring. While Switzerland-Austria took the cake and decided for fall.

R.M.S.

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:27 pm

Summarizing:

Option 1: IH-COL, Maverick, elgaton --I believe
Option 2: JWocky

Some other opinion? explain

R.M.S.

Warty

Postby Warty » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:29 pm

Well the insults and accusations continue so, whilst I am still allowed an opinion here I thought I would make a closing statement.

@KL-66: Your previous comments give the impression that you are capable of coherent thought processes but your last post seems to been garbled in translation. If you could please express your thoughts in english I may be able to tell whether or not what you are trying to express makes any sense.

jwocky wrote: ... the statement "I don't like control freaks" is an entirely other thing.

Straw man, much?

jwocky wrote:It'S of course sad, that this needs to be explained to an adult of 60 years, but the world is what it is.

Well, when reason fails there's always the personal attack gambit. You seem to be enjoying the power of running the show. Intoxicating isn't it?

jwocky wrote:So while Warty's point, as valid as it may was in the basic subject, was widely ignored due to language, Maverick got the same point across.
Actually, I put Mav up to this (being an ATC participant I felt he might be good at getting the point across). Unfortunately, he was shot down so I stepped in to back him up. How was I supposed to know it was the wrong time of the month to discuss matters of logic?

jwocky wrote:My suggestion is, that Warty pays Maverick a beer.
Not likely!! I've already been branded as being out of my mind, rude to the point of intolerable, a psychopath, an insulter, a false accuser, anti-social, someome calling for the sabotage of ATC sessions and a hostile troll. And that was before Jabberwocky wades in making stuff up about what I said and throwing in a personal attack for good measure. So no, I won't be making alcoholic advances to Maverick: I really don't want to add potential groomer/paedophile/child molester to the charge list.

Anyway, that's definitely the last from me,

Wishing you all the best in whatever the future brings,

Warty
Last edited by Warty on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Festival”