An Open Letter to Curt Olson

The Club of all those banned or deleted form the "official" FlightGear forum for speaking out political inconvenient truths or just things, the rulers over there didn't want to hear.
KL-666

Re: An Open Letter to Curt Olson

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:10 pm

Hello Jwocky,

I wholeheartedly agree with all the problems you put forward in your second paragraph. I also think it is sheer impossible to have the same old moderators and Thorsten and you for that matter on the same forum. But it is always worth giving negotiations a try. Even if they almost surely fail. The neutral platform may also become a failure. If so, then the plug can simply be pulled.

You are a different brand of dog than Thorsten. But you must admit that the situation was becoming unworkable with that dogfight. The decision to only ban you was wrong. And the other forum daily reaps the rotten fruit of Thorsten still being there.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:15 pm

KL-666 wrote:You are a different brand of dog than Thorsten. But you must admit that the situation was becoming unworkable with that dogfight.

I disagree. I don't think the situation was unworkable with Thorsten. The problem is not about how strong Thorsten is[**]. The problem is that they are in that forum totally biased in the moderation. Thorsten is never liable of lying, insulting, ad-hominem attacks. Any reprisal is private and never goes to a real visible change of attitude.

Others are publicly humiliated for much less, because they don't belong to a certain inner circle or because what they say doesn't align with an alleged "consensus"

Sure, a consensus with dissent is never a consensus in my book.

___

[*] After all, most of the time he is just scared and spreading panic and FUD>
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/IAHM-COL/gpg-pubkey/master/pubkey.asc

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:23 pm

I would not want to pull it in emotions like "humiliated". Nothing can humiliate me unless i let someone. That forum with such low quality moderation and a mad dog Thorsten in the center, is to me one good laugh, like a soap. That is the reason i like to skim that forum. Better than TV.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Sure. You had taken the higher ground and prevent them from treating you like that. But then, there is many others that for one reason or another remain in the crossfire, and to the mercy of Thorsten.

R.M.S.
If we gave everybody in the World free software today, but we failed to teach them about the four freedoms, five years from now, would they still have it?

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Oh, don't you worry, Hooray reads here, and then everyone knows. Actually they probably all read here.

Kind regards, Vincent

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Tue May 03, 2016 8:34 pm

In response to the post from Curtis, posted by IAHM-COL:

1.) Curtis, alas, before you gathered your pamphlet of lies and twists, you forgot to delete the attack posts of Thorsten, Bugman and some others. Don't bother now, the evidence is secured and in the internet forever, it's too late to cover your tracks.

2.) The protocol function of the Wiki shows, when and by whom the FGMEMBERS page was deleted. The secured posts show also the order of events.

3.) Opposite to the forum of Emperor Curt the Ballless, in this forum, we speak open, frank and honest. It happened that things got personal on occasions and I assume, it will happen again. So what, we are adults here (compared to some of your henchmen, even the kids are adults here), we get over it. But opposite to you I never banned anybody or deleted posts in a vain attempt to preserve "power". Of course, like every board owner, I have all the buttons, I could, but opposite to you, I have the personal integrity not to do that.

4.) I would someone ask to crosspost my reply to you onto your forum ... but that person would get banned under some invented pretense ... which is exaclty the problem I have with you. And feel free my critic on your lack of personal integrity as personal attack, I state only the obvious.

I guess, Curtis post is an effective textbook example why there is simply no way to negotiate anything with certain persons, they are simply not able to negotiate in good faith.

J.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:34 pm

KL-666 wrote:Oh, don't you worry, Hooray reads here, and then everyone knows. Actually they probably all read here.

Kind regards, Vincent

Yup. And I just finished the thread for "Mumble trolling", that just Thorsten transformed into yet another cheap piece of anti FGMEMBERS propaganda and defamation.
The reason why Curt seem to have come curt about behavior, seems to be, that Thorsten end up being ridicule by a bit too many.

Funny thing, and I predicted this, Curt's leadership remained in questioning because the game continued, just as if he spoke none.

R.M.S.

bomber

Postby bomber » Tue May 03, 2016 8:42 pm

The beauty of it is that FG will constantly be sending us new members....

We just have to wait, Thorsten and Hooray just can't controll themselves.

FGMEMBERS just needs to ensure that Curt understands that as a separate entity FGMEMBERS will accept his disenchanted.. Now if he refuses to accept this forum exists then how does this forum go forward ?

Curt needs to make it quite clear that there is an alternative forum not attempt to obliterate FGMEMBERS from history because if he does that there's bound to be conflict. .. but instead accept that it exists and can help with creating a harmonious atmosphere on his forum.

Simon.
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Hmmm, at the other end they get suspiciously silent. Not much fun TV tonight.

Kind regards, Vincent

IAHM-COL

Postby IAHM-COL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:56 pm

They are just on the noisier state. Lost of PMs going around to plan for the next bite.

R.M.S.

Return to “Club of the Banned”