What is the most stupidist thing you ever done in your life

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
Octal450

What is the most stupidist thing you ever done in your life

Postby Octal450 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:02 am

I have used the flashlight on my phone, to find my phone. Multiple times, including two days ago.

:mrgreen:

jwocky
Site Admin

Re: What is the most stupidist thing you ever done in your life

Postby jwocky » Thu May 19, 2016 8:08 am

I got a ticket once climbing down a cliff from a medieval fortress in France. Yep, there were signs, explicitly forbidding it, but I had a point to prove and thus, chain mail, backpack, dagger, longsword, kind of reall midst if the 13th century gear and rope and I had to it. The flic waited about 30 minutes till I made it down.
Free speech can never be achieved by dictatorial measures!

Octal450

Postby Octal450 » Thu May 19, 2016 8:10 am

@jwocky
Nice, at least you didn't use your climbing rope to hold up your climbing rope, and then fall down the cliff. (Something stupid me might do.)

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 19, 2016 8:13 am

The whole idea was stupid to begin with. I tried to prove it is possible, but some "experts" claimed, I didn't prove that it could be done with a stone sarcophagus on the back ... which was not even what I tried to prove ... so, it went a little bit like arguing with some on the Curtis forum.

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 19, 2016 8:14 am

Well, one could of course argue, marrying my first wife was the most stupid thing, I ever did ... or starting a discussion with neo nazis in Leipzig about some of their paraphernalia ... or ... well, waaaaaayyyyyy to many of such thing in my sad past.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu May 19, 2016 8:24 am

Doing stupid things in the past makes your present interesting (assuming you survive)...

I'm sure there are more stupid things I've done, but I can only think one - of during my uni days, when we tried to climb down the dorm from 2nd floor via makeshift rope to go to town after curfew. The heaviest of our group went first. Needless to say, he was the only one that successfully went down. The rest of us just watched as he fell. Rest of the night involved ambulance and reports and threats to get expelled..

Oh, don't worry.. he survived without major injuries.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 am

Oh, just thought of another one (also uni days):

A friend and I decided to take a road trip. We rented a car, and driving at night, the roads were empty and a long stretch.. so we decided (here's the stupid part) it would be fun to test our skills of driving by doing slalom around all those little reflector bumps on the road. We did the slalom badly and hit most of it... eventually we decided that since we are hitting the reflectors more than we were missing them, we just decided to drive thorugh all of them at high speed, bump-bump-bump-bump.

It was all fun and laughs until the cheap tire became swollen and the car began shaking. Then we stopped to change the tire, but the spare was equally useless and end up we got stuck for half a day middle of nowhere, till we got a passerby to help

jwocky
Site Admin

Postby jwocky » Thu May 19, 2016 5:11 pm

Oh my ... yeah ... that qualifies.

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri May 20, 2016 12:56 am

Oh, there's this time we drove a motorbike around town without a license, and noticed a police following us. We actually panicked, went into small lane, abandoned the bike in front of a house with a gate open to pretend that we've gone in and ran off to a nearby church to sit it out for a while. Fortunately the police didn't bother. In retrospect that was dumb because we really had nothing against us (aside from having no license), but acted as if we did..

Yes, yes, this was also my university days. I guess around that age, we're not the smartest university students (at least not academically).. as a group of close friends and I , we have done some really stupid things.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Fri May 20, 2016 12:59 am

Too many stupid things, adding daily. So i do not know where to start. :-)

Kind regards, Vincent

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”