How does your garden grow?

Whatever moves you, even it makes no sense ...
legoboyvdlp

How does your garden grow?

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 19, 2016 2:34 pm

I just came inside after an hour of gardening. So far we have pumpkin, passionfruit, chilli peppers, red peppers, a weed which is used for the chickungunya fever, lots and lots of unwanted weeds which grow like a teenager, and green string beans! As for flowers, we have a nice orchid-like tree, a bush which has lovely red and pink flowers, and bannanas. We also have papaya, which is wondering whether to grow or not underground.

What do you have, if you have a garden?

Phew! 38°C and digging a hole to transplant passionfruit, including removing misc. grasses and weeds with amazing roots using a shovel does not lead to one feeling cold!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Maiquetia / Venezuela Custom Scenery
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

OPFOR77

Re: How does your garden grow?

Postby OPFOR77 » Thu May 19, 2016 5:34 pm

We are growing green onion, shallot, radish, tomato, red basil, cilantro, oregano, sage, ghost pumpkin, jalapeno, green pepper, serrano, and mohawk tobacco (mapacho). And a bunch of flowers, the coolest probably being the columbine and the bleeding heart.

...really excited about the mohawk.
OPRF Fighter Jock and Dev

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 19, 2016 5:50 pm

Wow, must be somewhere in the tropics!

By the way, who are you?
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!
Avatar created by InSapphoWeTrust CC BY-SA 2.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... d=27409879

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:09 pm

Definitely not pinto. Definitely.

And no, I wish it were tropical haha. I'm ~300 miles from the ocean, at ~47.5 latitude. Actually been a really dry spring, and a really hot one.

We can normally get up to ~100*F in the summer (usually a week or two is 105* to 110*), and down to 0*F in the winter

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu May 19, 2016 6:12 pm

You are... not a pinto bean? :P
Hmph.... I guess Minnesota.
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

OPFOR77

Postby OPFOR77 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:28 pm

Nope. Minnesota is a thousand or so miles from the ocean haha.

KL-666

Postby KL-666 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:09 pm

I hate to work the weeds in a garden, so i moved to a house with a balcony :-)

HJ1an

Postby HJ1an » Fri May 20, 2016 12:44 am

I have a bunch of flowers in my garden to which I don't know their names, I should ask my wife what they are called. And 2 tall coconut trees, and a few papaya trees trying to compete with the coconut trees in height :/ to which they fall over and die before their fruits ripen :(. Also have chilli trees for culinary convenience.

We have a guy come over to savagely destroy the weeds once a month and stuff them into a black bag to be sent to the landfill. The weeds never learn, I'm afraid.

LesterBoffo

Postby LesterBoffo » Fri May 20, 2016 4:50 pm

I have few gardens, our vegetables and my planted pond and aquariums.

This year we're growing Shallots, Green onions, leeks, potatoes, snap peas, Black shell beans, plans for an Alaskan early Tomato if it ever warms up again, and lots and lots of chives.

In the pond we have Water Hyacinth, (Which I'll bet Lego sees frequently in marshy areas in Venuzuala) Java Fern, and hardy purple water lilies. I also keep White Cloud minnows and Rosy Barbs all year round in our pond..ImageImageImage

My Aquariums.. baby White Cloud minnows and Java Fern, Java Moss, Echinodorus Uruguayensis, Rotala Indica, Cryptocoryne Parva and Undulata.

Some pictures of tanks from my recent past..Image Image Image

I have to say I'm a bit envious of your country of residence Lego, it's one of the last frontiers for New World freshwater ornamental fish and aquatic plants. I'd be out nearly every day looking for fish and plants.

legoboyvdlp

Postby legoboyvdlp » Fri May 20, 2016 5:09 pm

Not really -- Venezuela is huge, and the Orinoco is miles from where I live. Maybe 200 miles. You need to go into Delta Amacuro, Bolivar, or Amazonas (avoid getting your head cut off by an angry Carib or Warao) to find the fish and aquatic plants. Nice pictures!
~~Legoboyvdlp~~
Hallo! Ich bin Jonathan.
Hey!

Return to “Unrelated Nonsense”